Thursday, July 4, 2013

One week later, architect still gets big chuckle from drawing ketchup with Sketchup

Above: During "some down time" at Cooper-Sinclair Design Group, a ten-year-old architecture and interior design firm based in Portfishington, an architect created three bottles of ketchup using Google's drawing program Sketchup. The young designer admits, nearly two weeks later, that the ketchup design still makes her burst into laughter randomly throughout the workday. "The whole office is still getting a big kick out the ketchup with Sketchup drawing. Even the partners of the firm will stop me in the hallway and share a big laugh about it," said the glowing, talented architect. "And, to be honest, I was a bit nervous about the partners seeing the meticulously-designed ketchup bottles. I mean, I've only been here three and a half weeks and I didn't want them to think I have too much down time. The bottles took me about five hours to complete over the course of two days. But, trust me, I have a ton of other 'legitimate' work. For example, I'm spending many hours helping to design the new dome that's going over the Piazza and the seat expansion project at PPL Park. However, I must admit, deep down, there's a part of me that feels they are laughing at the ketchup-Sketchup because they know I'm sleeping with one of the partners. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but some of the laughter seems forced and uncomfortable."

No comments: