Wednesday, March 17, 2010

NCAA tired of explaining to Coach Majerus that Selection Sunday has nothing to do with choosing ice cream

Indianapolis, IN--National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) officials are exasperated after dealing with Saint Louis University men's basketball head coach Rick Majerus, concerning Selection Sunday, for the 27th time.

"Every year around this time he shows up at the NCAA headquarters with a list of his favorite sundae toppings," said NCAA vice president, Daniel Rosenberg. "Mr Majerus, if you are listening, the NCAA Tournament selection day is Selection Sunday and not Selection Sundae. We will never choose 64 toppings ... instead of teams."

The coach acknowledges that he has a problem and that the second Sunday in March acts like a sort of trigger.

"I don't know ... I, ah ... I hear Selection Sunday and I just get light headed and all these images of gooey chocolate, m&m's smothered in Heath Bar pieces, peanut butter something-or-others spread on top, a dash of crumpled up Oreos, caramel doused in a caramel sauce, thousands of sprinkles, and some sort of Snicker-flavored butterscotch," said Majerus. "And the next thing I know I'm on a flight to Indianapolis. And the worst part is ... I don't even remember driving to the airport."

No comments: