Wednesday, October 15, 2008

'I am ________ and this message was approved by me.'


The Federal Association of Political Advertisements(FAPA) announced today that starting immediately political radio and television ads must reword their candidate approval statements.

Currently political ads either open or close with:"I am _______ and I approve this message." Under the new FAPA requirements ads must use the following format:"I am ______ and this message was approved by me."

"Political ads can grow tiring especially when [the public] is bombarded at a dizzying rate during the final weeks before the election. We feel changing the candidate approval statement format will make the ads much more entertaining and funny," said FAPA president, Steve Dillenger.

Both the Obama and McCain camps praised the move calling it "classy" and "extremely classy and good."

"We just feel changing the format was a real classy move," said an Obama representative.

"Flat out classy and good," said a McCain representative.

No comments: