Monday, December 15, 2008

ACLU releases PC CD for holiday season


The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is gearing up for the holidays by releasing a new CD featuring politically correct holiday songs. The ACLU teamed up with an all-star cast of musicians and non-musicians such as U2, Mariah Carey's younger sister, Barry Bonds, the Olson twins and Fred Savage.

The four-CD set includes the following songs and many more:

I saw legal guardian/caregiver Kissing the Present Bringer
I'm Dreaming of a Snow-covered December 25th
Rudolph the Nasally Challenged Reindeer
It's Beginning to Look a lot Like the 25th day of December
Frosty the Frozen Precipitation Personage
Chestnuts Roasting on a Carefully Watched Roasting Device
It's the Most Wonderful Time of a set of 365 Days
All I want for December 25th is my anteriors 8 and 9
Winter Wonderland
Smaller-sized Drummer Juvenile
Jingle Bell(singular)
A Dozen Days of December 25th
I'll be home Six Days Before the New Year
I'll be home for the 359th Day of the Year(non-Leap Year)

"We're excited about the CD. Everyone had a blast making this, even the non-musicians," said Karen Willston, ACLU public relations director. "You may see Barry release his own CD in the near future featuring all baseball songs. But you didn't hear that from me."

The reviews are in:

FOX News: "Surprisingly, not a bad little CD for the holiday season."
CNN: "Bono rocks the house with Smaller-sized Drummer Juvenile."
Martha Stewart: "I have a new book coming out soon."
Rod Stewart: "Both Elton and I were left out. But damn, this CD makes December feel like December should feel."

No comments: