Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Eagles' fans thinking playoffs and that some pets are just more difficult than others

Washington, DC--The Eagles had a record-setting game in the nation's capital last night by putting up 59 points and watching their all-the-sudden prolific quarterback throw for 333 yards and four touchdowns, run for 80 yards and score two more touchdowns on the ground.

Eagles fans, some who pulled away from the team last year after a controversial addition to the team, were definitely tuned in last night, pumped about the future and soft about the QB's past.

"Listen, I haven't watched an Eagles' game since they signed Vick last year," said Fred Miller, 47, a fan from Lansdale, PA. "But, I think after last night, I realize that owning a pet can be quite the responsibility and that some dogs are more difficult than others."

"I felt like I really started sympathizing with Vick on the first play from scrimmage last night when he hit [DeSean] Jackson with that long pass for, like, 88 yards or something," said Doylestown's Hank Stevenson, 56, lightly petting his golden lab GreenFeathers that was laying on the customized dog mat positioned on top of a leather reclining chair. "At the end of the first quarter I said to myself, 'Hank, you really have been hard on Michael. Hank, you HAVE been hard on Michael.'"

"Yeah, I was boycotting," said Eagles diehard Sarah Farnsworth of Unionville, PA. "I own two beautiful golden retrievers, which I love to death, but they can be a handful. Like, for example, last night during the game one of them got up onto the couch. I had to say, 'Please, get down off the couch.' Twice! Pets are a lot to handle sometimes."

No comments: