Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Halladay wins number 20, says if season ended today 'it would be weird because we've only played 152 games'

Above: Roy Halladay, Phillies' right-handed ace pitcher, says his mission in Philadelphia is complete after winning his 20th game of the season. "Ruben [Amaro] told me that if I came here and won 20 games, something I haven't done since 2008, then my job would be done," said Halladay about the Phillies second-year general manager. "It's time to move on. I've loved my stay here in Philly, but there really is nothing left for me to do here." Halladay is seeking a trade before the end of this season. Halladay added: "I wish the team luck in the upcoming postseason. If only I'd won 14 games and saved six wins for the playoffs. That was my bad. Totally my bad."

No comments: