Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Reid says choosing between Kolb and Vick was like choosing between an Arby's #1 or #2 ... or a #8 or #3 ... or a #4 or #6 ... or a #5 or #1

Philadelphia, PA--Eagles' head coach Andy Reid is feeling the pressure. One day after reversing his decision to start Kevin Kolb at quarterback--some say the owner was highly involved--and go with the sizzling Michael Vick, Reid said he wavered back and forth for hours before making his choice. "It really is like going to one of my favorite restaurants and seeing that big, illuminated menu with all those value meals," said Reid, referring to a suburban Philadelphia fast food chain that he frequents. "Do I get four #7's or three #4's? I get the #7 a lot, I know what it offers. I don't know all that much about the #4 because I don't order it too much. I mean, I've taken small bites, if you can believe that, but never consistently ordered it. It's not easy. This has been the toughest couple of days during my time in Philly." So tough, in fact, that Reid was later spotted behind the counter of an Ardmore, PA Dairy Queen, in full game regalia, including headset, yelling instructions at a new employee, after three of his ice cream cones were poured counterclockwise. The manager of the Dairy Queen later told NBC10, "He hopped over the counter, with the help of three customers, and, basically, showed the workers how to pour a 'proper' cone. Interestingly, cones do taste better when poured clockwise. Who knew?"

No comments: