Tuesday, January 29, 2013

President of Portugal calls Garrett McNamara 'the craziest son of a bitch on the planet who is welcome anytime in my country'

Above: Big-wave surfer Garrett McNamara rides a giant wave off the Portuguese coast north of Lisbon. The wave is believed to be the largest ever ridden by a surfer, possibly breaking McNamara's own record set over a year ago. The president of Portugal, Anibal Cavaco Silva, praised McNamara's accomplishments and has credited the surfer for giving Portugal invaluable publicity. "Garrett is not quite right in the head, I think we can all agree, but I love that he is a risk taker. It reminds me of myself a little bit," said a smiling president. Silva, who is somewhat known for his sense of humor, presented McNamara with a custom-made straitjacket adorned with the Portuguese flag.

No comments: