Thursday, August 30, 2007

Anderson admits not knowing baseline rules


Marlon Anderson, of the New York Mets, whose 9th inning run-in with Phil's second baseman Tadahito Iguchi ended last night's tight game, admitted that baseline rules were not clear to him.

"My bad,my bad, I not only thought that the entire infield was included in the baselines, but I also thought that tackling was legal in the 9th inning."

Anderson was the player two years ago who, while on first base, attempted to steal 3rd by running a straight line over the pitchers mound. At the time, Anderson said he had forgotten about second, but now it is very clear that Anderson struggles with baseline rules.

"I knew we had a problem when he would take a lead off the base toward the bag he just came from instead of the bag he was headed toward," a dejected Mets manager, Willie Randolph said.

No comments: