Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hot dog stand at slightly different location


Stan Malanc, a hot dog vendor in the city of Philadelphia for over forty-two years, has continuously worked the same corner at 17th and Arch St. Yesterday Malanc set up his cart as he has every day, nothing different.

The lunch crowd poured out of the surrounding skyscrapers, at around 11:30am, as they usually do. Sarah Stampy, a regular customer for several years, was the first to notice.

"As I approaced the cart I could tell that something was off. I buy here every Wednesday, so I know."

Stampy was referring to where the cart was set up. She usually arrives with the line four or five people deep and notices that she is even with the urine stain on the sidewalk.

"I mentioned how he set up a few feet from his normal spot and he got upset." Malanc declined to be interviewed, but many customers also noticed the slightly different location.

No comments: