Sunday, September 2, 2007

Bloom blames boots for not making roster


Philadelphia, PA--Jeremy Bloom, who most thought, before the season began, would return punts and kickoffs for the Eagles this year, did not make the 53 man roster. Bloom was somewhat surprised, but felt he knew where he made his biggest mistake.

"Definitely when I decided to wear the boots,"said a somber Bloom.

The boots he is referring to are the ski boots that he decided to don during the Carolina preseason game and the first half of the Pittsburgh preseason game. As a former Olympic skier, Bloom has a certain comfort level with the boots.

"I really felt they would give me an advantage, but it turns out they are heavy and cumbersome for running," said the return man.

One cannot forget that the boots also cause a person to lean forward, which could help when trying for close first downs. But the boots only caused Bloom to stumble time and again.

"I realize the Commissioner [Roger Goodell] forbade me to wear the skis in addition to the boots, but there is part of me that feels if I was able to wear both, I may have excelled."

No comments: