Saturday, January 5, 2008

Huckabee prefers Norris stay in character


Mike Huckabee, who won the Iowa caucus earlier this week, has a growing list of supporters. But one man who has backed the presidential hopeful for some time is celebrity Chuck Norris. Norris has accompanied Huckabee on the campaign trail and has appeared in the background in many pictures taken of the candidate. "He has really supported me and I am grateful to him and the star power that comes with him," said Huckabee.
As appreciative as Huckabee is he has recently insisted that Norris stay in character while helping to campaign. "I've discussed this with Chuck and we both agreed that our push for the presidency stands a much better chance with him as Walker Texas Ranger," said Huckabee. "He's no good to me as Chuck but as Walker...I need him to be Walker let's just leave it at that." The Huckabee camp feels that with this character behind them the public will realize how serious they are about border protection and terrorism and "kickin' some Iraqi but."
Norris admits he has slipped as of late. "The original agreement stated that I was only permitted to publicly support Mike if I stayed in character while on the trail. Recently I tried to slowly get away from Walker but Mike called me on it," said a sad yet joyous Norris.
Norris recently starred in a new political ad that was directed by Huckabee that displays his concern over protecting America's borders. In the ad Norris is water skiing on the Rio Grande River, acting like a tourist, all the while keeping a sharp eye on the southern shore.

No comments: